The Arkansas Academy of Electrical Engineering was founded on December 8, 1980, by the Department of Electrical Engineering with the approval of the Dean, College of Engineering, and President, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville.
The Charter Members are eminent Electrical Engineers as well as eminent graduates of the Electrical Engineering curricula of the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville at least twenty years prior to selection to membership.
The Department now delegates to the Charter Membership the privileges and responsibilities of perpetuating the Academy.
The Arkansas Academy of Electrical Engineering in appreciation of the honor bestowed individually and collectively will be perpetuated:
- As an endeavor to strengthen the dedication of students to Electrical Engineering through personal and professional example.
- For the annual recognition of those graduates of the Electrical Engineering Department who bring honor to Electrical Engineering as practitioners and as citizens.
- For the purpose of providing advisory guidance and counsel at the call of the Department Chairman, Faculty, or students.
- And for encouraging personal, corporate, foundation, and government gifts and grants of money, equipment and facilities to the Board of Trustees of the University of Arkansas for the benefit of the Electrical Engineering Department of the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville.
- In the accomplishment of the before stated, the Arkansas Academy of Electrical Engineering does establish and abide by the By-laws.